Monday 26 September 2011

New Beginnings

Feeling inspired sitting here on a beautiful terrace overlooking Chester race course, what better way to write my first Blog! Don’t get me wrong it is a rare (but well received) opportunity that my husband whisks me away for a night whilst we leave a pining 3 year old and a soon to be 5 year old at home with Grandma and Grandpa.

So far so good we have checked into the Abode Hotel and are enjoying what the ‘fabulous suite’ has to offer that’s a “Fabulous Suite” not a suite that’s fabulous not that it isn’t! You know what I mean!

Well it has been a very busy few weeks what with school holidays and my in-laws visiting from Australia for 12 weeks.  Now that our soon to be 5 year old (Tamsin) has started Reception and our 3 year old (Jude) started school nursery there is finally a glimmer of light for me to concentrate on my new beginnings.

I have taken my hobby, my passion for baking to the next level.  After lots of encouragement from friends and family or more like lots of kicking me in to touch and after tedious name bouncing ‘Make Mine a Cake’ was born. Weeks and weeks of sourcing supplies, visiting cake decorating shops (thank you Top Tier in Sale Moor you’re brilliant) my kitchen now looks like a child’s sprinkle heaven with rows and rows of sprinkles of all shapes and sizes just ready to don cupcakes, cake pops and celebration cakes. Although I am convinced that my children think it is a shop window display only open for them to pick their choice of sprinkles to add to their bowl of ice cream!

As Tamsin’s Birthday approaches next week I will be busy making everything pink to fit around her chosen Angelina Ballerina Theme, look out for the blog.

Exciting times as the orders flood in well trickle in! It is great to be able to make my mark on the home baking map.



No comments:

Post a Comment