Saturday 15 September 2012

Lavender Barn Baker!


 I was holding off on the Pony Party blog until I could confirm some other very exciting news…but first things first. If you read my previous blog you’ll remember I provided cakes for a pony party at the Lavender Barn, Dunham last weekend for my lovely friend and ‘regular customer’ Lorraine.  I handmade 15 sugar paste ponies to don pink vanilla cupcakes, displayed as a cupcake tower with the top cupcake being awarded with a rosette; especially for Millie the birthday girl.

Of course no party bag is complete without a cakepop!

It was a glorious day and I was amazed that I had not come across the Lavender Barn before.  You get a real sense of being in the country, surrounded by fields with horses and a duck pond, there’s even a rabbit!  There is a lovely tea room with seating inside and out and all the tea is served in traditional china cups and teapots.  Jude particularly liked the hot chocolate! It is very child friendly (we returned the next day and the kids had great fun searching high and low for 10 hidden gnomes, giving us chance to have a quiet cup of tea without interruption!)


Whilst I was there I was approached by the owner who was looking for a baker to expand their lavender brand of home made scones, shortbread and more.  It really was a case of ‘serendipity’ so, for four hours a week I will be getting stuck in to making traditional bakes and exploring the world of lavender!  I am so excited to be taking Make Mine a Cake on this new journey (and blogging about it along the way!)     

Another good great week!

I have also been busy this week with a 'superhero' party with the challenge of incorporating the Incredible Hulk! Blog to follow..  

Happy weekend everybody x 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment