Monday 26 September 2011

Celebration Carrot Cake






I believe that the ‘oh so loved by many’ carrot cake that has been around for years is one of life's little pleasures.  Incorporating one of your five a day (or even two if you count the dried apricots in the decoration!) my carrot cake has become so popular that even my friend's 5 year old when ask what cake he wanted for his 5th Birthday chose my carrot cake! Thank you Noah I’m honoured.

My carrot cake (actually my Mums carrot cake) has become my signature cake.  So much so that when I get an invite to a dinner party the carrot cake gets the invite first! Not to boast too much (oh go on then I will!) Even the Head chef of Malmaison puts his regular order in!

I have in the past shared this recipe with close friends who have had equal success. However, I now find myself playing my cards very close to my chest when it comes to sharing the recipe (sorry bloggers) it would seem I owe it to the cake (and my Mum) to keep it a closely guarded family secret.

But don’t despair I am always on hand to make it for any celebration or even just for that dinner party where this classic favourite is sure to impress.



No comments:

Post a Comment