Monday 3 October 2011

Tickled Pink

Tutus, tiaras and twelve ribbon twirling ballerinas, this weekend was Tamsin’s 5th Birthday! It took some organising but with lots of sugar, sprinkles, sparkle and ribbons we pulled it off!  Angelina Ballerina was the theme.
  

I wanted to make a personalised cake pop display which I had made previously, except with Tamsin’s name having 6 letters, finding a cake pop stand that had 6 horizontally placed holes proved impossible (unless I wanted to order one from the States which would have blown the budget) so good old IKEA came to the rescue!

I bought this great rectangular shaped cream tin planter.  I removed the draining tray and filled it with flower oasis foam.  I covered the oasis in cling film as it can get quite messy and I didn’t want this to come into contact with the cakes.  This gave me a nice firm base to position each of the lettered cake pops, I then filled in the gaps with mini pink and white marshmallows and voila…


Whilst in IKEA I was inspired to buy these 3 pink plant pots…….

 

I filled the two larger ones with the cling wrapped oasis and placed one on top of the other.  I then placed the third smaller plant pot on top of the medium sized pot.  I strategically inserted each cake pop into the oasis around each plant pot and then arranged the remaining cake pops free standing in the smaller pot to create a tiered affect.  To incorporate the theme I roped in the help of my glamorous assistant ‘Grandma Dee’ to make a Ballerina Tulle Tutu to go around the largest bucket….the result, a splendid Tutu adorned pink cake pop tower!



No party would be complete without a cupcake tower with a mix of vanilla/vanilla, chocolate/chocolate and chocolate/vanilla cupcakes (of course with some pink icing) I decorated them with random sprinkles of pink hearts, marshmallows, edible glitter and sugar dragees.



For the finale:…..The Birthday Cake: Angelina Ballerina in her full glory!




Thank you to my wonderful (and semi-patient!) husband Graham for setting the scene and creating a ballerina haven.  Thank you to the two Grandmas for all their help especially Grandma Dee for painstakingly sewing silver sequins on Tamsin’s Tutu, I’m sure she noticed, honest!  
 
'Ballet Angels'
Happy Birthday Tamsin x








  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment