Monday 10 September 2012

Raining cupcakes!


It doesn’t rain but it pours!

Make Mine a Cake has had a very busy week.  Whilst the school holidays ticked along nicely, last week I was inundated with orders.  It was probably not a good time to be two weeks into a no sugar diet (with the intention of doing 30 days no sugar; apparently if you make it through that then your body doesn’t crave it anymore?)  During a first batch of 50 cupcakes I was very restrained and not a smidgen of sugar passed my lips. The 2nd batch of 50 proved challenging considering the client wanted some new flavours which I had to tweak to perfection.  Adopting a wine tasting approach of taste and spit doesn’t quite work for cake tasting!

I managed to enlist some chief tasters one of them being my husband who I can rely upon for his brutal honesty and the other one being my friend’s husband who I can rely upon for a very detailed complimentary report (a good balance!) Thank you to both the Graham/Graeme’s who have had to step up their fitness regimes to counteract the calorie overload!

Whilst I enjoyed getting stuck in and delivering to order I now realise how much I would appreciate a helping hand from Father Christmas this year, so if you’re reading this Santa; here’s some helpful hints..




either/or I'm not fussy!

If you wish to sample my bakes then for this week only pop along to the CircleBar 360 Champagne Bar in the Trafford Centre, just £5.95 for a cupcake and a glass of champagne  













From cupcakes to Pony Parties, my regular customer Lorraine asked me to provide cakes and cake pops for her daughter Millie's 6th Birthday (blog to follow) It was held at the Lavender Barn in Dunham on a perfect sunny day.  I managed to bask in the lunchtime sun while the kids played ponies and I had a well earned cup of Lavender tea!



Bliss!

1 comment:

  1. they all look gorgeous TB. Lovely to see you today - even if it did take you about ten minutes to see me...fee x

    ReplyDelete