Saturday 29 October 2011

Boden, Baking and Bolton Uni


Busy, busy, busy! I have had a very eventful week.  As usual it has involved baking (when doesn’t it!) This week I played hostess at my first Boden Party.  For those of you that don’t know Boden it is a fabulous mail order/online clothing range which plays a big part in my life! 

You can imagine it was hard to focus on other things when there were rails and rails of clothing crying out to be tried on!  I was very restrained and I didn’t ‘unveil the rails’ until I made sure there were plenty of ‘Make Mine a Cake’ goodies ready to whoo my guests.

I themed my cake pop display around Boden’s 40’s flower design.  The colours are rich, and vibrant but particular warm and seasonal. I love the design and colours and I’m finding it hard not to buy the ‘Silver 40’s flower eBook case’ which is for a Kindle (which I don’t have!) My Christmas list this year (including a Kitchenaid Mixer, a super duper flash new camera, a new laptop and now seemingly a Kindle to go with my must have Boden eBook case!) Is getting a bit out of control me thinks!

I used the colours inspired by the 40’s
flower design to create
                                       these........


Of course I had to throw some cupcakes into the mix so I used love heart sweets to depict the moment.

 
Make Mine a cake aside, my Bolton Uni post grad teaching course is in full swing and I did my first full day of teaching by myself this Thursday.  I think I need to knuckle down to my studies now as the work load is increasing rapidly!

Today was a great way to end the week when my fab husband whisked me off to a day of pampering at The Mere Spa, Cheshire.  We were celebrating our 6th Wedding anniversary and it couldn’t have come at a better time.  I feel much more human and ready to face another busy week of baking, studying and school runs!!

Happy Anniversary Hun x
 






No comments:

Post a Comment