Monday 22 October 2012

Pumpkins and Ponies




I am loving the recent autumn weather of late with those crisp mornings and the sun putting in an appearance as the day moves on.  It really is my favourite time of year and celebrating 7 years of marriage in a weeks time affirms my love for this season. I choose winter boots over flip flops, stylish scarves over sun tops and a good old hot chocolate over a glass of Pimms any day!  Because the summer weather was bitterly disappointing it really did pass me by.  Don’t get me wrong we had two great holidays (and in this country!) and as a result I have not needed to add to my summer wardrobe since 2009!  This kinda means I have to indulge in some lovely autumn wears (doesn’t it?) Whoops too late I already have! Love a good knit and a bit of fairisle! anyway enough about that….

Halloween is upon us and I haven’t missed a trick (or a treat for that matter!) I have been busy making spooky bakes for the Lavender Barn ready to up the anti during the half term hols next week.



I was also asked to make some pony themed cupcakes to accompany the Lavender Barn pony parties.  I wanted to make something that would represent the pony party theme so I used their party rosette for inspiration.

It’s amazing how difficult it is to find pony themed cake toppers.  Sugar horses or horseshoe sprinkles are simply not easy to come by.  I stumbled across an animal themed ‘Tappit set’ (an icing cutter set to me and you) which happened to come with a rather splendid horse.  I bought some black flower paste and set to work ‘tapping’ out 30 black beauties.  I coloured some fondant in green and lavender and used fluted and round cutters to emulate a rosette, here are the results…


I have now been given ‘free rein’ (I know very apt!) to make this the official ‘Lavender Barn Pony Party Signature Cupcake!’ 

 Happy Days x

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    Fee was telling me how well you were doing with your cake business. I can't believe you made that Rapunzel cake, it is amazing.
    And the last time I saw Tamsin she was so little, she is absolutely gorgeous!
    Lovely to hear from you
    Nelly x

    ReplyDelete